I read a review of The Wolf of Wall
Street Blu Ray set. However you would never have known tat it was for the Blur
Ray if you did not read the title. The review itself was basically a review for
the movie. It started out praising every little bit of the film including
Leonardo DiCaprio’s performance, Jonah Hill’s performance and Martin Scorsese
directing. In fact, the reviewer went so far as to say that not only was this
the best performance DiCprio gave, the film is one of the Scorsese has made,
right up there with Taxi Driver, Goodfellas and Raging Bull.
I have seen the film and let me tell you,
wow, the film is insane. It is literally three hours of sex and drugs, and I
loved every minute of it. The review kind of made me chuckle because of how
tame it actual was. If you have seen the movie you will know how hard it will
be. The movie will most likely never see the light of day on cable television
because all the censoring would probably cut the films original run time, the
hours, to about 15 minutes.
I agreed with the reviewer for the most
part. I do think everyone’s performance was top notch, but I would not go as
far as saying it is his or her best. Well, it was certainly the best for Jonah
Hill, but Dicaprio, and most recently Matthew McCaughey, have put in most
substantial roles before. As for Scorsese, I feel like the movie is a nice
addition to his filmography, but the three hours feels a little bloated and in
fact he struggled in the editing room to get the theatrical cut. The film was original
meant for an October release date but was pushed to late December to give him
more time in the editing room. I think if he had more time it would have made
for a much better movie.
I would have liked to read an actual
review of the special features; however once I read the last paragraph I could
not really fault the author for it. The reviewer said there was only one extra
and it was the basic making –of video, which was only 17 minutes long. I am a
fan of DVD or Blu Ray extras; I must be one of the few people who actually
watch the directors commentary. The Blu Ray comes with a DVD and digital copy,
and I will most certainly make this a must buy.
No comments:
Post a Comment